Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Star Trip

If you've ever heard the Odyssey episode Hidden in My Heart, you'll surely remember the ten-minute parody of Star Trek within the episode. A group of college students from Taylor University in Indiana who are part of the Adventures in Odyssey Fan Club at the campus spent a lot of time and talent to create a ten-minute live action video portraying this part of the episode. I found it to be one of the most well-done live action Odyssey videos that I've seen, and I believe it stays with the actual episode almost word-for-word.

Very interesting to me was that I actually know one of the actors in the video. I've come into contact with the girl who plays Crock (parody of Spock) a few times. Her parents live near where I am in Ohio, and I've been in the same soccer league as her. And she was also in the National Bible Bee during its first year, as I was. She won first place in the Senior Division at our local competion, and then she went on to compete in Washington D.C. at the national event.

Anyway, I just thought it was cool that I knew someone in a popular video. I hope you enjoy it! Click here to watch it over at the Odyssey Scoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment