Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I Finally Got It!!

Well, I didn't get it, but my little brother did, and he's sharing, so it counts. :D



Sorry I haven't written in a while. My family's been out of town for Spring Break, but I had written that April Fools Day post before we left, so I just saved it as a draft and then posted it from where we were. I'm going to try to get a review of The Green Ring Conspiracy Part IV out tomorrow, but I haven't even listened to it yet, and I've got a lot of things to do having been out of the house for a week.

I listened to the first CD in bed last night, and I've gained a new appreciation for The Mystery of the Clock Tower. I guess it wasn't that bad of an episode. I had only heard it once, so I was really surprised when what I thought wasn't that great of an episode won the Avery Award for Best Episode. But I think it deserved it for the most part. The music, for one, was phenominal, and it made it sound like an action/adventure/thriller movie. The mystery part was pretty well thought out, and aside from the mature story behind it that might give some kids bad ideas, it was an entertaining episode. The writers did a good job. And the actors did great jobs too. Will Ryan deserved Best Actor for his job as Eugene in that episode, and that Best Scene was actually the best scene of the season, in my opinion. If Heather Simpson, who played Alicia was up for Best Actress in that episode, I would have chosen her hands down. She did an amazing job and portrayed her character with all of her complicated emotions exquisitely. So after hearing it for a second time, I think The Myster of the Clock Tower Parts I and II really did earn its title as Best Episode of Album 52.

Again, I'll try to get a review out tomorrow, but I won't give any promises. I still haven't started school, so I know I won't have time today, but maybe tomorrow will be better.

P.S. There's proof for those of you who thought I was black. *cough-cough* Tim and Luke *cough-cough*

4 comments:

  1. Oh cool! So you were finally able to post a partial picture of yourself eh? How did you get your dad's approval on that? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's right. I forgot to ask him. He was at work. But I'm sure he's probably okay with it since I didn't even show my eyes. I should probably ask him though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yeah, I guess you ARE white! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great website and post! Love that photo of all the Odyssey album discs. I think I've seen that on the official website though, or did you take that yourself?

    ReplyDelete